After a busy & snowy January/February, we were finally able to get to the finishing details on our new dory. Peter Lefebvre gets a lot of the credit for this boat coming out looking so good.
We used the Benjamin Moore Corotech paint series. For colors we chose slate teal for the sides, stone white for stripes & gunwales, & cliffside gray for the deck.
After the paint had time to cure, we re-installed the hatches and latches, fitted in the gasket, and added the SeaDek.
Next was the electronics: installing the bilge pump, putting the battery in, and wiring up the switch. Check out the little cubby we made to keep the switch drier. It’s also a nice place to stash a sponge or a can of your favorite beverage.
Finally, we added a grab line, few cords to hold the oars, and headed off to the river. She’s a nice ride!
- May 17, 2019 Choosing & Setting Up a Raft Bimini May 17, 2019
- Mar 28, 2019 Finishing details of the first CHUB Mar 28, 2019
- Mar 15, 2019 Comparing 16' Rafts - NRS E-160 v Hyside PRO 16 XT Mar 15, 2019
- Nov 6, 2018 Our Aluminum "Chub" Hatchery. Nov 6, 2018
- Aug 11, 2018 New Raft - New Ideas Aug 11, 2018
- Aug 2, 2018 Testing out using foam for the side decking on a raft frame Aug 2, 2018
- Jun 30, 2018 Rigging Rails for Raft Frames Jun 30, 2018
- May 29, 2018 Hog Island - One River Many Voices Project May 29, 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018