Our boats are nearing completion, and need to get reviewed before they go off to the painter. Hence a visit from the wood version of the same design.
We weighed the boats. The aluminum ones came in at 641 pounds, and the Bears Ears came in at 668. They should be very close to the same weight when all is said and done.
Laying out paint schemes and lettering is always a good time to talk about proportional striping.
It was great to see the boats side by side, talk through different construction methods, and just look at how they are coming out.
And, even though it was still a little cold – a good day to get out on the river.
Even got the master playing around in a silly boat. I think he has a tail light out
- Nov 6, 2018 Our Aluminum "Chub" Hatchery. Nov 6, 2018
- Aug 11, 2018 New Raft - New Ideas Aug 11, 2018
- Aug 2, 2018 Testing out using foam for the side decking on a raft frame Aug 2, 2018
- Jun 30, 2018 Rigging Rails for Raft Frames Jun 30, 2018
- May 29, 2018 Hog Island - One River Many Voices Project May 29, 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018