We have brand new 2019 versions of each of these rafts & thought it might be interesting to blow them up to see what they look like next to each other.
There was no clear winner, but it was time well spent.
Below is a chart with our comments.
Keep in mind that Eddyline focuses on designing outfitting for rafts used for multi-day trips, so that’s the lens we were using while comparing these two rafts.
Other Impressions - The NRS is a big gear hauling 16’ raft & may be the better low water boat. It’s slightly skinnier & will likely float higher in the water. The Hyside is a sportier, almost 16’, raft & might be a good choice for those who can’t decide between getting a 15’ or 16’ boat. All that said, keep in mind, the best boat is the one you are in on the river & any boat is better than no boat at all. There are lots of options out there & choosing a raft is not always simple. Please contact us if you want more information about either of these rafts.
- Aug 23, 2019 Oar Tower Testing: Speed-Rail fitting with stanchion vs NRS frame oar mount Aug 23, 2019
- Aug 12, 2019 Can you put SeaDek foam on Diamond Plate Decks? Aug 12, 2019
- May 17, 2019 Choosing & Setting Up a Raft Bimini May 17, 2019
- Mar 28, 2019 Finishing details of the first CHUB Mar 28, 2019
- Mar 15, 2019 Comparing 16' Rafts - NRS E-160 v Hyside PRO 16 XT Mar 15, 2019
- Nov 6, 2018 Our Aluminum "Chub" Hatchery. Nov 6, 2018
- Aug 11, 2018 New Raft - New Ideas Aug 11, 2018
- Aug 2, 2018 Testing out using foam for the side decking on a raft frame Aug 2, 2018
- Jun 30, 2018 Rigging Rails for Raft Frames Jun 30, 2018
- May 29, 2018 Hog Island - One River Many Voices Project May 29, 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018