Dory Features and Options
- Rear Footwells, Cargo Area Options. Choose between a regular full sized rear footwell, a self bailing, partial depth, footwell cargo area, or a large hatch in place of the rear footwell.
- Hatch Layout. We can work with you to design the hatch layout to fit your packing needs. Some might want to offset hatches to fit longer items, and/or no front or rear cross hatches, to make room for bigger side hatches. Hatches can have shelves and we can even build in a cooler.
- Bow and Stern Doublers (3/16). Stronger than just a normal extrusion.
- Durable Flush Closing Hatches. Eddyline Dories have hatches you don't have to worry about walking on. The hinges are welded onto the hatch to eliminate a line of screws/rivets on the deck. Our tray gutter system keeps the hatches back in from the edges of the deck and flush when closed.
- Flat Middle Deck and Rounded Corners. We design our decks to be a smoothed over continuous plane for comfort and safety.
- Inner Hull and Chine Doublers. Dependent on bulkhead spacing, with vertical ribs where appropriate.
- Sealed Ribs. The floor is framed with ribs that don't communicate water from one compartment to another.
- Multiple Placement Oar Blocks. For oarlock placement adjustability.
- Welds Instead of Screws. Where possible we'd prefer to weld on the small details that are often screwed in: hinges, grab line loops, grab bars, rowers well footbar, tie downs for the spare oars, etc. Our goal is less holes and less potential for leaks.
- Sides .100 6061, Bottom 6061 .125
- Appropriately Sized Hatch Openings. All hatch openings are, at the minimum, the size of a milk crate with a hand on each side, so you could get a milk crate into the hatch.
- Comfortable Front Footwell. We've made the standard front footwell more comfortable by rounding everything out and giving the upright part of the bench a pleasant tilt.